There has been a lot of buzz in the market when someone mentions Content Marketing. When you hear content marketing, we usually think about blogs, social media platforms, and YouTube videos which help to improve your brand value. That is why it is important to know more about Content Marketing and how it creates an impact on your brand. The blog discusses just that.
Let us try and understand the concept of Content Marketing.
What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain customers. This ultimately leads to more growth opportunities and profitable business growth. Content marketing can also be termed as a long-term growth strategy where strong relationships can be built with your target audience by providing high-quality content that has a great business value. This is done on a consistent basis by building a content strategy. The foundation of content marketing revolves around quality content and storytelling, which clearly means that this concept has been around for many years now.
There are three main categories where companies are putting their content marketing efforts:
Here are some examples where companies used content marketing techniques to transform their traditional businesses:
- Red Bull sells high-energy beverages and starts publishing YouTube videos, hosted experiences, and sponsored events around extreme sports and activities.
- The personal finance site Mint.com used content marketing specifically for their personal finance blog MintLife so that they can reach more audiences and build stronger relationships with the external world.
- YouTube, an online video platform got tremendous growth due to content marketing with a prolific increase in users.
- Yelp, an online business directory, saw a 30% year over growth in the number of reviews due to the power of content marketing.
Examples of Content Marketing
There are different types of content marketing based on the different content requirements. Some of the primary examples include:
Why Content Marketing?
Here are some of the key benefits why content marketing is important for your business or brand:
- It helps to build brand awareness, trust, and loyalty so that audience who consumes content on a consistent basis is aware of the true business value your brand has to offer. The more your audience relies on you for information, the more likely they will come back time and again.
- It also helps to reach potential customers which is great for accomplishing business goals.
- There are no additional costs involved in promoting your content as in-house content marketing teams can manage all the content requirements
- It helps to increase traffic and conversations.
- It helps to support other teams and stakeholders with other marketing tactics.
- Lead generation and improved sales revenue
Disadvantages of Content Marketing
- Content marketing takes a lot of time and effort as it is a long process. You need to experiment quite often to get your content strategy right.
- Finding the right content ideas can be challenging
- It can be harder to determine the impact of your content marketing on brand reputation, and loyalty.
Tools for Content Marketing
Here are some of the content research tools that can help you to improve the existing processes and allows you to come up with unique content ideas for your brand:
We have discussed how content marketing is important for your brand visibility and reputation. That is why it becomes crucial to have a content marketing strategy so that you can decide on the specific content requirements to be delivered to your end customers. You can do a thorough review of your existing content and figure out what works best for your business.